1AM Surprise

I started training for my Oct. 6th half marathon this week.  It was only $20! How could I not sign up for only $20? women’s half Now I have my half in October,  a half in November and December,  my 1st full in January, and a half in Feb.  There are a few more races I hope to throw in there. It is good to see a official training plan up on my fridge again. I love coming home from a run and crossing off that day on the plan.

Today was a 40 min tempo run.  I had gotten up at 4:30 every morning this week to be able to run outside before bursting into a ball of flame. The low last week was 90. This week it was a chilly 82. (((Brrrr)))

I decided facing the dreadmill was worth being able to sleep in.  I was ridiculously excited to turn my 4:30 alarm off and let my 7 yr.old “Mom, can I have some cereal?” alarm wake me up instead.

At 1:15 in the morning my dog woke me up whining.  He has been having issues lately with pooping on the carpet downstairs in the middle of the night. It’s very random.  He had been fine the last few nights so I decided to let him back into sleeping in his dog bed at the foot of our bed. I was less than thrilled when he woke me up on my one day to sleep.  Argh!!  He was sitting on my husband’s side of the bed and I got out of bed and went over to look at him when I saw a dark shape on the carpet next to him.  I picked him up and carried him downstairs to the laundry room while berating him for pooping yet again.

I grabbed a bunch of paper towels, a plastic grocery bag, and filled a bowl of water with a oxyclean solution.  Marched back upstairs and gingerly picked up the disgustingness with 4 paper towels so I wouldn’t have to feel it.  I didn’t want to turn on the light and wake up my husband so I left the closet light on and I could just barely see.  Drowned the “area” in oxyclean and spent five minutes blotting it all up.  By this time I was wide awake and cursing silently at the dog and at my husband for sleeping through all this.

I went back downstairs to throw out the bag and happened to glance in it as I threw it in the garbage.  What the ???  I took a closer look and realized I had just spent the last 10 minutes cleaning up after a navy blue sock. Son of a bitch!!!

I had to apologize to my dog, who just wanted to jump into bed with us, let him outside so he could actually take care of business, and then spent the next hour trying to fall back asleep. At least I didn’t have to get up again at 4:30.  My human alarm didn’t come in until 7:30 and I had a good tempo run on the treadmill a hour and a half later.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s